at Logan Katz.
Logan Katz is currently seeking an Accounting Technician. This is a full-time position providing bookkeeping, accounting and personal tax preparation services for the firm’s clientele, including, but not limited to, the following:
Financial Reporting Services
Perform full-cycle bookkeeping and payroll services and compliance filings (HST/QST, DAS, EHT and WSIB) using QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online and SAGE Simply Accounting software
Canadian and US Personal Tax Preparation
Prepare tax returns for individuals (training will be provided)
Job post – Accounting Technician
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows environment, Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), QuickBooks/Quickbooks Online and Sage accounting software.
- Bilingualism is a definite asset.
Logan Katz welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. *We thank all applicants, however please note, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Logan Katz LLP is a forward-looking, full-service firm of Chartered Professional Accountants, providing superior quality business advisory, taxation, accounting, auditing and financial services to businesses, individuals and not-for-profit organizations. We combine skills and knowledge with dedication, courtesy and consideration.
At Logan Katz, quality is as much a measure of accuracy and attention to detail as it is demonstrating respect for the interests and objectives of every client, our community, our environment and each other. It is this belief and culture that has allowed us to attract and retain high-quality, professional staff.
This position reports to the Manager of Administration and provides support for the Partners, as well as works with the Administrative Team to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the firm.
Job post – Executive assistant
- Scheduling of client meetings and teleconferences
- Researching and compiling information, contacting government authorities on behalf of the firm and our clients
- General administrative responsibilities including typing/formatting correspondence and proposals, preparing general reports
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations for various speaking engagements, and assisting with coordination of internal and external events, seminars and sponsorships as required
- Coordination of and recording minutes at internal committee meetings
- Coordinating travel arrangements when required
- Providing superior client reception service (backup for sickness/vacation leave as required)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word/Excel/Outlook 2010 or newer is essential; experience using Maximizer CRM, TaxPrep and/or Caseware Time & Billing software would be considered definite assets.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Superior communication skills, strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy, deadline-oriented environment.
- Completion of a recognized administrative program, diploma or certificate.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- The ability to speak and write in both official languages is an asset.
*Please note, while we appreciate all applications, only those selected to proceed further in the recruiting process will be contacted.
Logan Katz is a forward-thinking public accounting firm established in 1994, providing high-quality accounting, taxation, and business advisory services to corporations, organizations and individuals in a vast array of industries and ranging in size and footprint from international corporations, to locally owned and managed businesses, to professionals.
Our firm’s mission is to foster a firm culture that drives our people to pursue excellence and share knowledge, with a view of yielding holistic solutions that are adapted and tailored to each client’s needs to ensure their success. Our clients are our inspiration, and the foundation that fuels us to go above and beyond.
If you’re looking for an accounting firm that combines skills and knowledge with dedication, courtesy and consideration, you’ve come to the right place.
Job post – Manager, accounting and assurance
You have developed, throughout 5-7 years of progressive public accounting experience:
- Full knowledge and ability to perform an analytical review of financial statements, note disclosures, tax returns and management letters, as well as present the results of that review in a clear and insightful manner;
- Aptitude to cultivate positive and professional relationships with clients and understand business and industry sufficiently to dispense general business advice;
- A comprehensive understanding of accounting, auditing and tax rules and regulations
- A commitment to identifying, developing and sharing best practices for the firm to work more efficiently and effectively;
- Experience in managing, leading and motivating junior and intermediate staff, including participation in performance reviews and providing career path input;
- Essential personal and leadership characteristics for continuing growth and development of responsible, trained staff by supervising and providing guidance and direction to less experienced staff;
- A business owner mindset to actively monitor performance goals, business development, profitability and innovation by identifying and implementing ideas for new business, service offerings, and marketing strategies and initiatives and actively networking and marketing the various services of the Firm.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software applications (TaxPrep, Caseware/Caseview, MS Office, QuickBooks/Sage 50)
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team! If you are a confident leader, progressive, ambitious, good-natured and eager to work with a charismatic team, as well as attracted by a financially rewarding and challenging environment, we want to hear from you!
Job post – Senior staff accountant
- In conjunction with the Partners and Managers, plan and conduct full audit, review and compilation engagements;
- Provide corporate and personal tax preparation, compliance and advisory services;
- Provide leadership and supervision, as well as assist in the training and development of junior staff;
- Strong knowledge of assurance and accounting standards;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; bilingualism is considered an asset;
- Superior client relationship management abilities and commitment to excellence;
- Experience preparing working paper files using Caseware/Caseview, Taxprep, and MS Word and Excel software;
- Acquisition of the CPA, CA designation (or, at minimum, proof of passing of Common Final Exam);
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a public accounting firm;
- Keen organizational and time management skills.
Logan Katz welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*We thank all applicants; however please note, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We take care of our people.
We offer a leading edge, comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package to reward our biggest asset – our people. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer a minimum of three weeks vacation, paid personal days, fully compensated approved overtime, fitness benefits, a group health and dental benefits plan, as well as a bonus incentive plan.
We augment this with a robust social atmosphere which includes celebratory events throughout the year such as a tax party, results night party, holiday party, and summer-fun party, as well as team building events such as bowling, golfing, ‘take me out to the ballgame’ night, movie night, lunch cook-offs, potlucks, wine club, and we top it off with surprise tax season treats such as tax season dining, cappuccino bar, coffee and ice-cream runs, snacks, and breakfasts. To cap it all off, we have our very
own baseball team!
We invest in our people.
We are invested in building each staff member as a consummate, well rounded, professional. Being subject matter experts demands that we stay current in our knowledge and technical skillset. We provide continuous learning and professional development training to our staff through structured regular in-house training courses and external courses, as well as through informal, regular day-to-daysupport and knowledge sharing across our team.
In addition to being a brand ambassador for Logan Katz, we help you build your personal brand as well. We offer resources such as one-on-one coaching, communications training, social media profile guidance, peer-to-peer buddy system support and mentorship support. We provide you with opportunities to exercise your communication and professional skills in real-time through face-to-face interactions with our clients and through involvement in presentations and speaking engagements.
We take care of our community.
Community involvement is a cornerstone of who we are as a firm. We give back and pay it forward and have fun doing it, through our participation and sponsorship of events supporting great causes in our community such as: JDRF Ride for Diabetes, Epic Walk for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation, Hope Volleyball tournament, as well as several charity golf tournaments and charity galas.
We also give back with our own home-grown events such as Cook-Offs for charity, Toonie Casual Friday, bake sales, holiday toy exchange for Toy Mountain, and food drive for the Ottawa Food Bank. Many of us also volunteer our time on local not-for-profit boards such as JDRF, Glebe Centre, Women’s Business Network, CARP and Rideauwood Addiction and Family Services.
We grow our future.
Our students is where it all starts for us. We work with you to build your career from the ground up, by offering you interesting work with a diverse client base in a wide variety of industries, supporting your educational journey, and helping to build your overall professional personna. We offer employment opportunities to students directly from our local colleges and universities through both co-op placements and full-time graduate placements. Our students enjoy a vibrant, connected, and supportive environment. Recognized as a teaching firm, we provide the support and experience necessary to obtain your Chartered Professional Accountant designation. We also provide support for other designations within our field, including bookkeeping certifications. Many of our current staff began their careers with us right out of school.
DIVERSITY & EQUAL
We include our people.
We pride ourselves in being a respectful and inclusive firm, valuing diversity and fostering equal opportunity. We enjoy working with our richly diverse team and regard our diversity as an asset which helps us to achieve a better understanding of ourselves, each other, and our clients. We encourage active participation and inclusion of all staff in firm professional and social activities. We work hard to ensure that every staff member is afforded the same opportunities for merit, achievement, and progression. Why? Because it matters to us.