Our firm welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
* Please note that only those candidates selected to proceed in the recruiting process will be contacted *
Interested candidates – please forward your resume to:
Manager of Administration/HR
Logan Katz LLP
We are currently assisting our client in recruiting for a Junior Comptroller. This position reports to the Comptroller and is involved in the day-to-day operations of a medium-sized independent law firm.
Daily tasks will vary as required; key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts payable and bi-weekly payroll processing
- Preparing monthly reconciliations
- Managing office supplies and supplies budget
- Posting journal entries
- Managing employee benefits program
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 5 years experience, post-secondary education with specialization in accounting
- Previous law office experience an asset
- Experience with MS Office software required; PC Law an asset
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team! If you are a confident leader, progressive, ambitious, good-natured and eager to work with a charismatic team, as well as attracted by a financially rewarding and challenging environment, we want to hear from you!
- In conjunction with the Partners and Managers, plan and conduct full assurance and review engagements for our not-for-profit and owner-manager clients;
- Provide leadership and supervision, as well as assist in the training and development of junior staff;
Qualifications required are:
- Strong knowledge of assurance and accounting standards;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; bilingualism is considered an asset;
- Superior client relationship management abilities and commitment to excellence;
- Experience preparing working paper files using Caseware/Caseview, Taxprep, and MS Word and Excel software;
- Acquisition of the CPA, CA designation (or, at minimum, proof of passing of Common Final Exam);
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a public accounting firm;
- Keen organizational and time management skills.
The starting salary range for this position is $54,000 to $67,500 (commensurate with experience), vacation entitlements equivalent to 3 weeks per year, fully-compensated approved overtime, and a comprehensive performance incentive bonus program. Logan Katz also offers an employee benefits program, which includes health and dental, long-term disability and group life.