Logan Katz Consulting Inc. recruiting for a CONTROLLER
Logan Katz is currently seeking a Controller to fill a role within a professional services company. As a hands-on Manager, you will support the success of the company by assisting in the direction of the financial affairs and supervising the accounting team.
Summary of the Position: The Controller position is accountable for all accounting operations to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Is this for you?
If you are looking to grow and work in a culture where efforts are appreciated and positivity and fun are valued, then this is the organization for you. The company provides a great work environment that encourages creative freedom and provides the opportunity to move forward, including possible equity participation.
Responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the firm’s systems of accounts, books, records and accounting practices and policies; suggest areas for improvement and efficiency on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and financial forecasts in conjunction with strategic planning decisions and initiatives.
- Prepare financial and operational analyses and provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Become a ‘resource’ person within the company.
Requisite skills include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably within the service sector, with a demonstrated track record of accountability and achievement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business and accounting-related studies; Preference will be given to candidates with the Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
- A “roll up your sleeves”, unpretentious style requiring a high energy level and can-do attitude.
- Superior communication, planning and organization skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to identify problems and produce solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word/Excel/Outlook 2007, Adagio and Paymate would be considered definite assets.
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team! If you are a confident leader, progressive, ambitious, good-natured and eager to work with a charismatic team, as well as attracted by a financially rewarding and challenging environment, we want to hear from you!
- In conjunction with the Partners and Managers, plan and conduct full audit, review and compilation engagements;
- Provide corporate and personal tax preparation, compliance and advisory services;
- Provide leadership and supervision, as well as assist in the training and development of junior staff;
Qualifications required are:
- Strong knowledge of assurance and accounting standards;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; bilingualism is considered an asset;
- Superior client relationship management abilities and commitment to excellence;
- Experience preparing working paper files using Caseware/Caseview, Taxprep, and MS Word and Excel software;
- Acquisition of the CPA, CA designation (or, at minimum, proof of passing of Common Final Exam);
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a public accounting firm;
- Keen organizational and time management skills.
We offer a competitive starting salary commensurate with skills and experience, vacation entitlements equivalent to 3 weeks per year, fully-compensated approved overtime, and a group benefits program.
If your skills, experience and personality are consistent with the above, please submit your cover letter, resumé and salary expectations to:
Manager of Administration and Human Resources
Fax: (613) 228-8284
*Please note, while we appreciate all applications, only those selected to proceed further in the recruiting process will be contacted.*
Our firm welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.