The Logan Katz Technology Entrepreneurship Group: “TEG”
Helping Technology Firms Soar
The technology industry is alive again! In Ottawa, for instance, small-to-mid-sized businesses are fuelling this resurgence in an unprecedented way.
Software development. Digital media. Telecommunications. Optics and photonics. Security. There is no limit to the range of products and services today’s technology industry is developing and marketing, and to what it can contribute to local, national and international economies.
Logan Katz is more than an accounting firm with an interest in the technology industry. We are as much a part of the industry as an accounting firm can be.
With David Logan as lead, TEG is equipped with the expertise and capacity to bring together the elements to ensure technology business owners and stakeholders succeed. Below are examples of activities that demonstrate our commitment to those we serve:
- Recognizing that successful business owners have a wealth of relevant information and insights, we bring in subject matter experts every month to discuss issues affecting technology firms.
- Having worked with clients at all stages of their businesses – from pre-revenue, revenue growth after completion of technology, to their sale to private or public companies – we know the lifecycle of businesses within the technology industry.
- Doing business outside Canada is typical within the technology industry. As a member of AGN International, Logan Katz uses this network of accounting and consulting firms to serve clients with global business dealings.
Logan Katz clients will attest to the quality of our work, and so too will the people we assist through these business-support programs:
Invest Ottawa – As part of a team of accounting, law and other professional firms selected to ensure our city is the best place to start and grow a business, we provide seminars, mentorship and other professional guidance for businesses at all stages.
Lead to Win, Carleton University – Our role is to give small, incubating businesses in the National Capital Region advice and tools to manage their finances and fulfill their tax obligations.
Startup Garage, University of Ottawa – With the support of the Ontario Centres of Excellence, this program offers students work experience and opportunities to learn the fundamentals from professional mentors. Logan Katz assists entrepreneurs with their crucial first steps toward future success.
In addition to participating in technology-specific programs, we also offer maintain our own distinct program, The Hatchery. Drawing on our skills and Canadian and international networks, we advise and encourage clients, and give them resources to turn their ideas into flourishing businesses.
Wherever you are and whatever stage your technology business is at – just starting out or expanding – you can be sure TEG will provide the support you are looking for, with services including:
- Full-scope accounting and hands-on assistance for clients wanting to set up their businesses anywhere in Canada.
- Financial statements, tax planning and compliance.
- Incentives such as, Scientific Research and Experimental Development, Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credits and the Industrial Research Assistance Program – better known within the industry by their acronyms – SR&ED, OIDMTC and IRAP, respectively.
- Guidance on exporting and expanding your business abroad, vetted by our international network.
- Contacts with patent agents and lawyers in areas like intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions.
Included with all our offerings is peace of mind – so you can focus and act with confidence on your business goals.