Logan Katz is currently seeking a FINANCIAL CONTROLLER to join our Executive Team. As a hands-on Manager, you will support the success of our firm by assisting in the direction of the financial affairs of the firm internally, as well as provide Interim Controller services externally to our clients on an as-needed basis.
Internal responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the firm’s systems of accounts, books, records and accounting practices and policies; suggest areas for improvement and efficiency on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and financial forecasts in conjunction with strategic planning decisions and initiatives.
- Prepare financial and operational analyses and provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by the Partners.
- Become a ‘resource’ person within the firm
Externally, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with clients to determine scope of requirements and tailor our service engagement accordingly.
- Attend on-site at client premises as required to provide a high-level of financial information and insight to assist our clients in succeeding and achieving their goals.
- Assist in developing accounting and financial procedures and controls to manage cash flow, reduce expenses and boost profits.
Requisite skills for both positions include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a demonstrated track record of accountability and achievement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business and accounting-related studies; an accounting designation is a definite asset, but not considered mandatory.
- A “roll up your sleeves”, unpretentious style requiring a high energy level and can-do attitude.
- Superior communication, planning and organization skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to identify problems and produce solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word/Excel/Outlook 2007 or newer is essential; experience using Maximizer CRM, TaxPrep and/or Caseware Time & Billing software would be considered definite assets.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, specifically QuickBooks and Sage (Simply).
If your skills, experience and personality are consistent with the above, please submit your resumé and salary expectations immediately to:
Kathy Grezaud, Manager of Administration
fax: (613) 228-8284
Please note, while we appreciate all applications, only those selected to proceed further in the recruiting process will be contacted.
Let us hear from you!
Logan Katz always welcomes hearing from talented, motivated professional and administrative individuals. If you are interested in joining a dynamic, innovative public accounting firm team and you share our commitment to providing exceptional client services and solutions, we'd love to hear from you! Please email us your resume today! Email your resume to: